Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Awesome Google is Awesome

Last November 23, 2013, at Xavier School, Google launched a seminar entitled GDaySX Philippines. The seminar consisted of various speakers from different professions like managers, businessmen, bloggers, and even students. The speakers also came from different regions of the Philippines and some from other countries. Although they all had different backgrounds, they each shared a common interest with one another. They had a great appreciation for the Google Technologies. It was quite delightful to see a room full of united professionals who valued the idea of Communication and Collaboration.

Before going to the seminar, I had already been familiar with some of the Google Technologies and I had actually used some of them in the past such as Google Maps and Google Drive. I didn’t think I was going to learn much more but I was wrong. After the seminar I was surprised to learn much more about the effectiveness of Google. I learn about Google Analytics wherein a user could further improve his or her blog through the use of statistics. I learned more about Google Maps and how you can add more information to the maps to further improve and update the accuracy of the maps. I also learned much more about business and how communicating with your audience and using blogging in the right way could really affect your sales and reputation. The thing I was most amazed about though was the Crisis Map of Google where in one can pin point the areas affected by a calamity so that solutions could be made as quickly as possible. All these things were incredibly useful especially in terms of communicating and getting work done.

In general, I thought the seminar was a success, not only because of the GREAT FOOD (Big Bite burger is so awesome and yummy! I came back for 2 more rounds), but also because of the effectiveness of the visuals and the speakers to convince the audience to become Google Users. One criticism I have though is the lack of preparation for some of the speakers. Although everyone spoke well, some speakers openly said they were only informed about their talks in a short period of time. Other than that, it was a great seminar.



Hopefully this new technology will bring about change in the ways we work making us more connected and efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment