Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mind Palace

Last Tuesday we hosted people from The Mind Museum. The first Science Museum in the Philippines and apparently they have world class equipments. They performed simple experiments but i guess they were able to get the focus and attention of my fellow students. 

They have a good mission in building the Mind Museum; they want to “spark” the interest of a child to science. They used a lot of method in getting everyone to participate and be active in the discussion as they say that they will “move” minds. The simplicity is great I am sure that would definitely pique interest of people especially kids. Well that is another issue, the museum is targeting kids in general as potential “learners” I think that they can improve in that area. They could probably expand their scope aside from children such as introducing experiments for adults too. Their vision in enflaming the curiosity of children made me smile. I completely agree that this country needs more minds that would excel in the scientific and mathematical field of knowledge and I believe this is the reason why they focused on entertaining and amusing children so that they will form their interest in science.

My interest in science has always been innate, sometimes I think it is really up to the person whether he or she will be a science man. But sparking the interest of youth to science will be an effective move to shift their interests to the science field.

No comments:

Post a Comment