Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Different Kind of Trip

Can I just say that this short film is so entertaining you could not blink? In my opinion, it is very fun to watch films from the past because I tend to appreciate more the effort in making a simple film today. The simplicity of the story, the set, the characters, and the humor makes it even more special. I do not have to think too much on the story or identifying who the actors are, I am just there to watch and appreciate the film from the past.

According to my professor, it was the first time that people was able to see a motion picture after the World War I. I can imagine the astonishment of the people at that time. To be able to see a moving picture for the first time is very amazing as compare to seeing only still pictures for years.

If I were to time travel to that time seeing the "Trip to the Moon" for the first time and compare it to the films of the now, all I can say is "WOW!"

As I said, the films before were very simple as compare to the now. Before, they do not need famous characters. If you look at the films today, most of them rely on how bankable the actors are and neglect the fact that objective of the film is to tell a story and not showcase how a particular actor can endorse a detergent powder. Before, they do not even need a extravagant set. All they need is a simple room where they can do wonders by providing man-made background, man-made props, man-made everything. Obviously, their budget before was really small as compare to the present films. What surprised me a bit is the fact that they already have the concept of special effects that are really believable. The scene where people from earth are trying to kill the people from the moon, and every time it happens, people from the moon transform into dusts. In my opinion, that particular special effect was so effective and entertaining at the same time. Before, their stories are not that complicated. Or maybe not. Nevertheless, it is still a very fun movie to watch even if the it was made I-don't-know-many-years-ago.

I am now able to appreciate more the films that are made today especially the films with special effects or even animated ones. The amount of effort put into it cannot be leveled by how the films were made made before. I really hope I can time travel.


Over all rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment