Saturday, January 18, 2014

NO TIME TO READ?

I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO READ :(


Okay, this film got me really sad. I think the purpose of the Twilight Zone series is to make the people scared of something that can actually happen. The plot of the story is somewhat believable because the of the devastating results of an atomic bomb. Everything got wiped out and no one survived. I am just not sure about someone being locked in a vault can really save him from the devastating results of an atomic bomb. Nevertheless, it is still good. The sad part about it is that main character was not given the chance to read leisurely by the wife and boss. This ignited the main character's decision to stay inside the vault and just read. This was also the reason why the main character survived in the first place. The scene where he went inside the vault, sat down, and looked at the book was really moving. I felt his genuine happiness just by reading a book or a newspaper. The idea of him reading makes him happy. This scene made me realize how I under estimated the power of reading. It made me feel like that I wish I could turn back time and just read books in my shelves. This feeling of mine got worse when survived the atomic bomb and found the public library. Even though he was alone, he felt happy because of all the book available for him to read. He did not care how he will survive, all he care about is to finish all the books available in front of him.

This made me realize again the importance of reading. It can take you places, it can expand your knowledge, it makes you creative. Yet, I was not able to give reading books the chance. I know this was suppose to scare me or something but this movie made me realize one thing.


GO OUT AND READ A BOOK.

I can always have the time. I just don't prioritize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment