Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cancer Talks

MARIA ANGELICA PINON
200927411

I do not like podcasts. I am a visual learner so for me to properly absorbed a topic I at least need to see them mouth the words. But this podcast is interesting enough that I tried to absorb it. The podcast entitled Rhetoric of cancer is about how those affected by cancer can describe it. The general answer of people is to use words such as battle, war and enemies. In effect giving us the idea of a war zone of conflict within each individual. That description makes the narrator dissatisfied, he does not want to consider any part of his body as an enemy. He searches even further to have a different answer or at least a different interpretation.

I liked his conclusion, on how no matter how bleak the situation is they have still discovered silver linings around. They did not give up and focused on the negative side, yes we cannot deny it is a bad thing to happen but they continue to live. Cancer has given them the sense of life and urgency. The strength they have gathered due to experience has them living on not just fighting. I liked how this podcast has focused not on the gory scary details but on the little bit of light he tried hard to discover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment