Monday, January 13, 2014

My Take on 'Trip to the Moon'

A teenager like me who lives in the 21st century had most likely already witnessed today's forms of technology, and films are definitely not an exception to those. As a child who grew up in the city, I often go to cinemas with my family, with my friends, or just all by myself. And the films today are of high definition and quality. That's why seeing an old film like 'Trip to the Moon' gives a different feeling.
First of all, the given film, 'Trip to the Moon' has no dialogues. It only has background music as audio, plus large, stylized movements to illustrate the story. It's a lot different from my the movies I got used to. Second, it is originally black and white, but it was painted frame by frame. I repeat, FRAME BY FRAME. A lot of patience and hard work there. And I was able to confirm that it was really painted when I looked at the moving picture closely. Just fascinating, right?
Another thing that set it apart from today's films was its visualization of the Moon. It was a lot different from what we were taught. I find it funny to see the characters interacting with the creatures living on the Moon when we were all taught that life exists only on planet Earth.
Overall, I enjoyed watching that film, which was like the 'grandfather' of today's movies. It may be old, but it served as the foundation for innovation, which is manifested in today's films.

by 2013-20698

No comments:

Post a Comment